khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I'm 44 years old male. When my mood is down caused by

Customer Question

I'm 44 years old male. When my mood is down caused by tiredness, hang over, or after having some caffeine from coffee or cola and etc, I get bad memories comes to my mind and stress me. Is this normal for my age or do I have a problem?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

While this in not "normal" it is not uncommon.

As long as the memories are not causing you any problem in your daily life there is no need to worry about them.

If, however, you find that they are interfering with your daily activity, work , relationships etc. then it would be prudent to consult with a team of experts consisting of a clinical social worker, psychologist and a psychiatrist.

Such a team of specialists can help you deal with these bad memories and the negative affect they may be having on you.

Does this make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's not causing me any serious problem but it's stressful and very annoying. Why does this happen?

That is very hard to say without a complete history, examination and workup....and sometime, even then, the underlying cause is not found.

However, treatment could very well help.

Does this make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry but I need some general answers that can help me understand this issue. Please turn this question over to other exports who has better answer. thanks
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.
How tall are you? How much do you weight? Any weight change? Does anything make it better or worse? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history including mental disorders?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
140lbs, no weight change. I used take ecstasy, smoke marijuana a lot about 7 years a go for about 6 years. I bad tripped very bad a few times. After taking ecstasy, I had mood swings which put me in bad mood and that's when this bad memories came and bothered me so I don't do anymore. But now, the bad memories come as I explained above even when I don't do deugs.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Drugs