Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have what it feels like a pulled muscle in my chest. hurts

Customer Question

I have what it feels like a pulled muscle in my chest. hurts to lift both arms, hurts to breathe, and hurts when I push on the top of my chest just below my clavicle. I am a male age 48. Today is my birthday (:
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: no swelling, no bruising,, no injuries. started two days ago and got worse last night. No cough.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: been having stomach troubles but dr hasn't been able to diagnosis. Dr prescribed prilosac - no relief
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

It seems to be muscular pain and probable cause can be bad posture during sleep. I would recommend you to take tylenol thrice a day for one to two days and apply ibuprofen gel. If you feel any chest tightness or difficulty in breathing get an EKG to rule out any heart problem.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Happy Birthday.