Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What is the difference between a canker and a chancre

Customer Question
because I have a bankers...
what is the difference between a canker and a chancre because I have a bankers and my Dr. said it's a vitamin deficiency could this be true?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
10/27/2016
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Hello again,

A canker sore is usually transient in nature, it would disappear after a few weeks at the most however cancerous ulcers would persist for months inside the mouth. Secondly the most common cause of canker sores are vitamin and mineral deficiencies followed by bacterial or fungal infections. There are various other causes of canker sores like,

• Celiac disease, a serious intestinal disorder caused by a sensitivity to gluten, a protein found in most grains
  • Inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
  • Behcet's disease, a rare disorder that causes inflammation throughout the body, including the mouth
  • Toothpastes and mouth rinses containing sodium lauryl sulfate
  • Food sensitivities, particularly to chocolate, coffee, strawberries, eggs, nuts, cheese, and spicy or acidic foods
  • A diet lacking in vitamin B-12, zinc, folate (folic acid) or iron
  • An allergic response to certain bacteria in your mouth
  • Helicobacter pylori, the same bacteria that cause peptic ulcers
  • Hormonal shifts
  • Emotional stress

So yes it is true that you may have a vitamin deficiency. Also do remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated! :)

Any other questions? Do remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated! :)

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor