Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

Is it normal to feel weak and pain on both lower sides when

Customer Question

is it normal to feel weak and pain on both lower sides when you're ovulating?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I don't have it anymore, but it started around ovulation time last Wednesday and stopped yesterday after I took a hike and spent most of the day standing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have angiomilypoma on my right kidney...and I have had cysts on my ovaries before
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 10 months ago.

Some women will have ovulation pain, related to a small amount of fluid and blood that can come out at ovulation. But that doesn't last more than a day or so.

If you had pain from Wednesday to Sunday, that's not from ovulation. It's possible that you had an ovarian cyst that ruptured, which releases fluid that is can be irritating and cause pain in the lower abdomen lasting for a week or so. Since you've had ovarian cysts before, you may have experienced that.

As long as the pain is now gone, there is probably no way to know for sure, and no reason to do anything else. Ovarian cysts usually take care of themselves with time. Best wishes.