Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have itching and inflammation of anus for several months.

Customer Question

I have itching and inflammation of anus for several months. I have used hemorrhoid cream on outside and also the Prep H inserts. They don't seem to take away the itching and painful inflammation, though it does reduce size of hemorrhoids. I have used clobetasol on outside for inflammation which works slightly but doesn't address the itching.
Any ideas?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you could have a skin fungal infection from moisture which would need antifungal powder like Nystatin or Tinactin or Lamasil to treat a fungal skin infection

if you are having leakage of rectal mucus or fluid, you may need to do kegel exercises to strengthen your anal sphincter to prevent leakage.