How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18461
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently being Rxed 3 x 18mg hydrocontin per day, 4 x

Customer Question

I am currently being Rxed 3 x 18mg hydrocontin per day, 4 x 4 mg short acting, along with 5 5 mg diazapam, I have received a letter from my doctors office stating my doctor is retiring and they are providing no information on how to find a new family doctor, I require one as I have been a car accident in the last year, and am currently tapering off my dosages and wanted to continue to do so...
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Not to mention they have left me with one weeks supply on hand and on refill at the pharmacy for 2 weeks worth. I have started to process of deregistering him as my family gp but that take up to 20 day of the date you deregister, which will be Monday for me now, so I am not sure what I can do except start calling doctors too see whom are accepting new patients in my area. Most doctors in my area on accept patients via health care connect and it is something you have to be registered to use, and in order to register to use it you have to be deegistered with Service Ontario 20 day turn around, like how can they do this knowing they are putting me in to a catastrophic position.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Have you contacted this doctor's office?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

If the system is preventing you from establishing with another doctor in the amount of time before you run out of medicines, then it would be appropriate to first contact this doctor's office to see if a sufficient supply can be prescribed to cover this period of time. Alternatively, this doctor may be able to arrrange for another doctor to cover his patients until they can establish with a new doctor.

If the doctor is unwilling to prescribe a sufficient amount of the drug or to provide alternative care, then the other option would be to file a complaint with the licensing board.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please cancel this service
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.


Expert:  Adriane-css replied 8 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry (cancellation request), however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
Thank you, ***** Support Team