Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

If someone was prescribed 30mg of oxycodone every 4-6 hrs

Customer Question

If someone was prescribed 30mg of oxycodone every 4-6 hrs and has been prescribed this for many years what would be the expected ng/ml from a blood test. Also the same question for valium 10mg 3x/day for many years as well.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Blood. I also am slightly overweight with thyroid issues and hashimotos.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There is significant variability in blood levels of Percocet and Valium, so there is not a single expected level. However, the expected range for oxycodone is 10-100 ng/ml, and the expected range for diazepam is(###) ###-####ng/ml. If someone is taking higher doses for years and the blood for checking the levels is taken when the drugs should be peaking in the system, then the levels would be likely to be in the upper portion of these ranges.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.