DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

I have a certain I finished my peroid 2 week ago and due on

Hi,I have a certain I finished my peroid 2 week ago and due on my next peroid around the 3rd of November,for about 3 days now I'm experiencing in my left breast only,a very sensitive nipple and pains around the lower part of my breast

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla. I understand your concerns.

Do you have any redness? Any fevers? How old are you? Are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No redness,I'm not sexually active I'm 32 no fevers just headaches

The symptoms you had are likely from hormonal changes related to your period. It is a common side effect that is related to changes in hormonal levels. The symptoms are likely to improve and resolve in the next few days. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's only in one breast doctor

The other possibility is mastitis but without redness, secretion or fevers is less likely. Do you have any lumps or mass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a lump but that's been checked out and it was fine so no but what is a mass

A mass is an increased amount of tissue in the area. For now you should wait for a week. If the symptoms don't improve you should see your PCP for a full assessment. Hormonal changes can produce symptoms in one or both breast. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please rate my answer.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't understand why my nipple is so painfull

It's a very sensitive area. Repetitive friction and hormonal changes can cause the pain. For now you can use ibuprofen every 12 hours and warm compresses for the next 2-3 days.

Please leave a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's like shooting pains,tender to touch,it's not on the surface it's internal,I'm scared it's inflammation cancer

Cancer usually present with redness and secretion. It's unlikely to present with pain as the unique symptom. If your symptoms don't improve in 1 week you should see your PCP. Your PCP can order an ultrasound if the symptoms persist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK doctor but I have had headaches and teridness and lack of interest in doing anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For 2 weeks now

Those symptoms are not related to the tenderness you have. If your symptoms don't improve in 1 week you should see your PCP.

Please leave a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will see the doctor in a weeks time!! Thank you