How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45977
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having lower abnomin pain, along with be sluggish and

Customer Question

I'm having lower abnomin pain, along with be sluggish and having accidents with mu bowel movements.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: a week now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have thyroid problems
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

you could have inflammatory bowel disease or bowel allergies or colitis which can cause more loose stools, gas, bloating, and leaking of stool which can cause accidents.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
54, female
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is inflammatory bowel disease and what do I do
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

you need to see your doctor

and get bowel and stool testing.

you may have to avoid certain foods like gluten or milk or dairy or lactose

you are over age 50, and so you would benefit from a colonoscopy to look on the inside of your colon

have you had a colonoscopy before?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

do you have a doctor you can see?

do you have health insurance to see a doctor?

you need blood test to check your thyroid levels as well.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have insurance. I do have a doctor that specialty is gastro problems. Guess i need to set up an apointment
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

yes, you should set up an appointment

ask about a colonoscopy since you are over age 50

keep a food diary of what you are eating and see what foods cause worse symptoms.

ask to have your thyroid levels checked as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

you are welcome

do you have any other questions?

do you see the ratings area?