Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Would my net have seen if there was anything suepicious in

my throat when he did...
Would my net have seen if there was anything suepicious in my throat when he did the exam in the office with the long tube that goes through the nose to your throat? He said there was some inflamation in the throat due to gerd
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am female 49. Chronic post nasal drip
10/18/2016
Dr. Muneeb Ali

The simple answer to your question is that YES, the ENT would have seen anything suspicious when he passed an endoscope through your nose. He would have been able to examine all of the area upto your vocal cords quite easily and if there was anything which looked suspicious it would have shown quite prominently on the scope. So if he didnt see anything apart from inflammation then it is NOT present there. The inflammation as he said is likely to be due to GERD.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you recommend zantac or proton pump?

Proton pump inhibitors are more effective in controlling GERD, simple OTC drugs like prilosec would be good enough and if that doesnt help then use pantoprazole or rabeprazole.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

You're welcome, do remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated! :)

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor