How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Moe Zafarani Your Own Question
Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 102
Experience:  Cardiology
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Moe Zafarani is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife hurts all the time on every part of her body. Blood

Customer Question

My wife hurts all the time on every part of her body. Blood work was done but we can not get a definitive answer. Was told to see a rheumatologist and get his/her opinion. Lupus and fribramialgia have been ruled out. Prms is a possibility according to a MD at urgent care. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 1 year ago.

I'll be glad to help.

The body aches can be very frustrating, especially when they occur on chronic basis. The truth is that we haven't really discovered all the syndromes that cause pain and discomfort - this causes a great deal of frustrations , because as physicians we like to categorize and "label" patients with disease, and patients would like a definitive answer.

In my experience, if multiple things such as lupus and fibromyalgia have already been ruled out (I assume by blood work), another very likely possibility causing such diffuse discomfort is scleroderma - it can be tested with blood work (ANA, Scl-70 antibodies), there are also other conditions that cause inflammation of skin and muscle in a diffuse matter - these can be diagnosed by blood work, and even sometimes by biopsies as well.

Referral to a rheumatologist is a very good idea - they see patients with aches all day and are very tuned to various symptoms.

I wish you and your wife a great deal of patience and a speedy recovery.

Warm regards.

Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 1 year ago.

Please keep me posted of your wife's progress.

Also, please don't forget to leave a positive rating if the question has been answered to your satisfaction.
Feel free to let me know if you have more questions.
Warm regards,

Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 12 months ago.

good luck and please don't forget to leave a positive rating.