Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology
54460990

My skin has felt very tight for over a month now..it then

Customer Question

My facial skin has felt very tight for over a month now..it then came back to feeling normal..for a week..now it is extremely tight..no matter what topical moisturizer i use it does not help. I am getting very scared..I am 65 years old. I am worried that I may have the beginning of Scleradoma. (Doesn't this disease usually happen to younger women?) I am in a state of shock when I just thought that I may have this disease.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 9 months ago.

I'll be glad to help.

I understand your concerns, any type of autoimmune disease is indeed scary and frustrating.

"tight" feeling of the skin is one of the most common symptoms with scleroderma, so is a "shiny" skin

It doesnot have to be in younger patients - indeed one of the classic presentations is when older patients look much younger due to the condition.

The best way to rule this out is with diagnostic lab testing - starting with ANA and Scl-70.

It is easier said than done, but please do not stress over the condition yet until labs are obtained to confirm.

I wish you best of luck.

warm regards.

Please don't forget to give a positive rating if the question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Warm regards,

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating if your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Thank you.