Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Can i speak to dr bray

Can i speak to dr bray
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience. Best, Camille

Hello !

Dr. Bray here ....I am back online --- what is your question?

How are you doing ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hey dr bray! So I am doing pretty good! Today I actually went to a doctors appointment, got my kids to and from school with no help. Thats a HUGE accomplishment for me! As you know I was afraid to even leave me house. So I am doing better. However Im still having those quick spins, where it feels like the earth shifts. I get an instant headache after as well. They arent massive, but they still keep happening. Just wondering if this is normal and part of the vertigo. Will it eventually go? They are really the only thing that leaves me anxious. Just because they happen so fast and I always feel so yucky afterwards

Hello again,

It sounds encouraging that your symptoms continue to improve ...

The occurrence of symptoms will depend on the cause in your case ...

If vertigo is cause as by migraines then preventive for migraines should help...

If labyrinthitis then that usually abated on its own by this time ...

Vestibular neuritis may have a more stubborn course ...

Your waves of symptoms have seemed to be spreading out and reducing in length and intensity as we discussed

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yeah I think whatever it is, Labs, neurtis or MAV it will eventually go away. But is it normal to have these types of spins? They do worry me, however they only last a few moments, just never know when they are gonna hit. Its kinda the feeling of losing your footing, and that butterfly feeling you get. Does that make sense?

Hello again,

Yes it makes sense ..it is like a very brief glitch in your balance mechanisms --- common to your illness I would call it as opposed to say "normal" -- matter of wording ...I consider normal to be no glitches but these are not of surprise with your history ...

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Right obviously not "normal" but I guess common with all the vestibular stuff going on. Do you think they will eventaully go away? That was the biggest thing keeping me from leaving my house so I really dont want to be afraid anymore

Hello again,

Yes I think they have been tapering and will continue to do so until you are symptom free....

Hopefully you will gain more symptom free days and more confidence

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well that makes me feel better. Any tips to cope with the weird spins? I heard just grounding yourself and letting it pass helps.

Hello again,

Yes place hand out to brace yourself ...

You help improve your sense of position and balance to add information to your nervous system...

You naturally have your feet then you add hand / arm

Your vision and inner ear are part of balance input as well ...

Of course when you have glitch in say inner ear signal you may need to rely on other aspects of balance more ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok but nothing more serious or sinister in nature. Im also starting physical therapy this week. Im hoping that will help

Right -- nothing more sinister or serious in nature

No to that !

Take Care!

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hey dr bray. hope you are well! was hoping you could help me real quick. The last few days ive been having some flip flop feelings in my chest. Like my heart is flopping. I had the heart monitor a few months ago and they said it was benign palpitations. Hoping you can ease my mind. Im under a lot of stress so I dont know if thats what it still is.

Hello again,

Ok so you have had a heart monitor and these benign palpitations are almost commonly due to an electrical phenomenon called a PVC ( premature ventricular contraction) and these are like an electrical hiccup of the heart --- everyone has a few each day -- some have more -- some people can feel them and others don't -- you may try an over the counter magnesium supplement....magnesium oxide 400mg once a day may help decrease the palpitations that you feel

I hope that this is helpful for you

I will be happy to get back with you

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you!They are quite annoying and seem to happen after im in stressfull situations. But im guessing because of the heart monitor its nothing sinisiter?

Hello again,

Yes I think that you having had the heart monitor is good evidence that it is nothing sinister ..you may ask you doctor if these were PVCs ..that is most common cause of palpitations ...( PACs similar in nature )

These are not of sinister nature ...

You may always call to review those heart monitor results ...

The magnesium supplement often helps and is harmless

A beta blocker is a prescription option that might be considered to help if you have much in the way of symptoms ...

Take Care!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i spoke with the doctor after we got the results and thats just what they said. They are just annoying. Glad to know nothing crazy.
Also I dont know if you know anything about this but my son has been ordered to get an MRI. he had an extensive eye exam and they said his optic nerve is large or thick. Does this mean something could be wrong with his brain? Im really worried about it

Hello again,

They might have indicated prominant optic disk on eye exam ? Did he have blurred vision of one eye ?

Or is it that optic nerve ON MRI was prominent?

I would review this with a pediatric neurologist

If eye exam with prominent optic disks bilateral then that may be caused by too high of intracranial pressure

The details are important to his situation..

There isn't much i could say without further details ...

I hope that everything is fine with him..

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey dr bray, I'm having a bunch of pvcs today. I just started my period so I don't know of its related. But I'm having tons of them and it keeps feeling like my heart is flip flopping, or skipping a beat and causing me anxiety. Is this worrisome?

Hello again,

Not usually these may be more frequent PVCs

Did you ever try the MAGNESIUM OXIDE 400mg per day ??

That usually helps but takes a while ( several days to slightly raise level )

Let me know if I may be of further help

Take Care !

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok so just try to stay calm? It just seems to keep happening for whatever reason. It's like 5-10 in a row.. is that normal??

Hello again,

Well stay calm but 5 to 10 in a row is not common / normal

I suggest follow up at doctor's office today ...

If you feel 10 PVCs close proximity that would be different than 10 consecutive .. Or PVC every other beat ( bigeminy) every third beat (trigeminy ) ....warrants a closer look however ....

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me see know if I may be of further help

Best Regards!

Dr. Bray

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yeah it's like consecutive thumps. I'm a little freaked out. It has happened a few times now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is going to a clinic okay? Or should I go to the emergency room?

Hi again --

Yes I think what you describe warrants a closer look

Perhaps set up for event monitor ...

ER may be better as they could watch you a bit NOW on telemtry to see what your rhythm is doing ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best Regards!

Dr. Bray

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am really scared. It seems to have calmed down... but it was just happening in like episodes. I'd have a bunch in a row then it would go away for awhile. Then it would come back. I'm havjng a bit of a panic attack at the moment but they haven't come backnowledge

Yes I understand that it is something that would make you nervous ...I'm glad that you feel better !

I hope that you continue to keep calm ...

I think it best and prudent to get checked further today however

You need to know if you have an irregular heart rhythm ...

Frequent PVCs are common and harmless but runs of abnormal beats suggests a possible rhythm disturbance

I hope that this is helpful for you

Keep me posted !

Take Care !

Dr. Bray ---

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I did have the 24 hour filter monitor in July that just showed the pvcs. This isn't something new as I've had these before it's just been awhile!

Hello again,

Yes we discussed that

Just PVCs would not concern me ...

If you had an abnormal rhythm then it could be more serious in nature

I can't tell if just the PVCs from your description above ....

Let me know if I may be of further help

Best Regards!

Dr. Bray ---

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok well I'm headed to the clinic and I'm sure they will give me an ekg and monitor me. I'm just super anxious. Not really sure where these came from it's seems awfully random
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will an ekg show an abnormal rhythm?

An EKG shows a snapshot in time of your heart's electrical rhythm ...

Monitoring shows less detail but longer period of time ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Take Care !

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok well my ekg was great they said. I ended up going to the clinic and they did that and listened to my heart and they said they don't think it's anything serious just pvcs

Ok that is good !

Reassuring !

Take Care ! -- let me know if I may be of further help

Best Regards!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you think that's a ok work up for now?

Yes I would qualify to say it depends on your symptoms ..

Of symptoms worsen then you may need added work up ...

Take your magnesium and just pay attention I would say ...

Take Care !

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok so if it gets worse should I head to the ER? My anxiety Is still pretty high and I'm still feeling nervous the palpitations are gonna come back. Just nervous now that the walk in didn't do enough

Well calm down !!

Start with assuming the best

You may always be seen at ER if you have more symptoms ...

Your heart rate must have seemed pretty regular or they would have been more concerned at urgent care....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Right, He said it was normal and can happen that way. And I mean they wouldnt have sent me away if my EKG showed something right? Im feeling a lot better, just really tired. Been having a lot of anxiety with everything going on with my son .

Hello again,

Right your EKG would have looked fine Or they would have told you otherwise....

I'm glad that you are feeling better ....