How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mo Your Own Question
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1157
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Mo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lacrimal caruncle is very enlarged when i close my eye i

This answer was rated:

my lacrimal caruncle is very enlarged when i close my eye i can see in the conner of my eye
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: year ago ask dr he didnt say anything
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: good health

Hi Dr. Ashori here, is there any pain at the lacrimal opening as well or is it only enlarged?

I am assuming it's only so on one side. Is there dryness in the affected eye or does the eye feel fairly normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right side no pain has been getting biger for a few years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm unemployed for several years

Usually if it's noticeably larger than the other side an ophthalmologist will look at it under a slit lamp and if the overlying skin is abnormal they will perform a biopsy.

The risk with that is that the duct may not drain so well after such a procedure so they are careful not to do it if it's not necessary.

If the skin on the surface looks normal there isn't much to worry about. Sometimes a very small stones can be lodged in there.

Do you have a picture I could look at?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get pic

Sometimes it takes a few minutes to upload, I'll wait for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No phone please broke already can't affird

I don't see the image, can you please try uploading it again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't. Send
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sent

I see it, give me a moment to look at it please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see it. Yes, you will need to see an eye doctor who likely will need to take a biopsy of that. Especially because it is getting bigger.

It likely isn't dangerous but if it keep growing it will interfere with your eye's function.

There is no rush, if you can get to see someone in the next few months that's ok.

They might look at it and not find that it needs a biopsy.

But you should show it to an eye doctor.

Hope the information helped.

Do you have any other questions I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thxs

You're welcome.

Hope my answers were helpful.
Do you have any other questions?
Please click on "Rating" so that we can complete this transaction.

Dr. Ashori

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Thank you.

Hope the information I provided was helpful.

If you have other questions please let me know.

When you are done please rate this post so that I can be paid for my work.

Dr. Mo and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you