SOPHIA RAHMAN
SOPHIA RAHMAN,
Experience:  PHYSICIAN at VA NORTH TEXAS
96595266

I am a 35 year old male. I have been having stomach and

Customer Question

I am a 35 year old male. I have been having stomach and digestive issues. To make this easier, I will list my time line/symptoms and what tests I've had done thus far.Symptoms: periods of nausea, periods of excessive belching, weight loss, loss of appetite, sporadic mild to moderate pain in different parts of my abdomen and back on both sides upper and lower,
Excessive stomach rumbling/gurgling at random times, tired, lightheaded. My bowel movements have been sporadic but mostly soft/mushy like pudding or diarrhea.. mostly bright yellowish in color or light tan/orangish that sometimes has floating pieces. Most all bms have had some forms of mucous to them.Tests I've had..
Stool samples for occult blood, c.diff, parasites, and bacterial.
Blood Test for H. Pylori
Multiple CBCS
Multiple comprehensive metabolic panels
CT scan of abdomen with contrast
CT scan of Chest
Ultrasound of Gallbladder and liver and pancreas
In April of 2015 I had colonoscopy and endoscopy
I did have polyps and fatty liver
Hepatic Function PanelEverything is coming back excellent except fatty liver and for a vitamin D was at 24.5...slightly low. I have access to dates and numbers.Most of the bad symptoms came 10 days after I took 11 days of antibiotics for abcess tooth. Now, I have been taking Align probiotic for over a week with no change.Any thought as to what this could be? I'm going crazy over this
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

it sounds to me like classic IBS

has this been suggested?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It hasnt. Because there isn't a pattern to my symptoms. Although I've had issues every day with some form of stomach issues for the past 3 to 4 weeks, there isn't a pattern to suggest IBS
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
For example, I purposely ate the same exact thing for dinner today and yesterday and my body responded differently each time. Yesterday I didn't have an issue. Today, I had lower abdominal pain within 15 minutes of eating and urge to go to the bathroom. This symptom isn't normal for me. My B.M. was small pieces with little floating pieces in there and yellowish in color. Plus I can go have a B.m. in morning and not another one the rest of the day like the past 2 days.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could you further explain test results for me to help me understand them.

what about SIBO?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Currently, I am having a slight dull ache about 3 inches above my belly button. I've always had digestion issues but nothing like I've had the past 2-3 weeks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is why they did the stool culture. Came back negative

stool culture doesn't test for SIBO

I will opt out for another expert that might be able to help you better.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
has not mentioned SIBO
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you refer me to a new doctor or do I need to resend the question
Expert:  SOPHIA RAHMAN replied 10 months ago.

It appears that it could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome. There are new drugs out on the market for these cases. Please talk to a GI specalist in your area and inquire about the 2 new drugs on the market. One is for IBS with constipation and the other is IBS without constipation

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's what my G.I said. The last 3 days I've had watery diarrhea. Last night took an immodium and have not had a B.M since. Now today, I've been incredibly nauseated and excessive belching and stomach churning. I was prescribed Zofran which I just took 5 minutes ago for the first time and hoping it helps.I just didn't think these were symptoms of IBS. BUT with the myriad of tests I've had, this seems to be the general consensus.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why do I keep getting referred to a new doctor?

You shouldnt get referred. Just have your GI prescribe you the new drugs on the market

and the fact you took immodium to stop the diarrhea is making you bloated. Let your stools pass. It is ok.

hope that helps and good luck. Also watch your diet closely and keep a diary.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I haven't been able to eat the past few days.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have been watching my diet.