Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Recently did endoscopy and colonscopy. Biopsy was done too.

Customer Question

JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Result : poly found and it has been removed. Biopsy for stomach found chronic gastritis intestinal metaplasia. Doctor advise me to take Nexium for 3 months. I have copy of the result. Would like to know should I seek further advise or see gastro doctors. Very confused
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know? What confuses you?
Customer: I think the result of my biopsy that worries me
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your question.

What confuses you regarding this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to know if I need to see a gastro doctor with regards ***** ***** biopsy of my stomach - stating that I have chronic gastritis intestinal metaplasia.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

No I would not recommend further consultation and referral to a gastroenterologist since it is not required, and your doctor has advised you correctly and prescribed the appropriate medication. Please take the medication as prescribed and your stomach will heal along with the reversal of the metaplasia.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.