How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45957
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in Ait for the military and I am suffering from

Customer Question

I'm in Ait for the military and I am suffering from depression and anxiety ( not diagnosed but I've done my research and this is what it seems to be ) I can't sleep , can barley focus , have a short temper , am always mad at the world and hate every part of my day . I recently found out my mother also suffers from both anxiety and depression and I honestly just want out of the military , I've tried to cope with it for weeks but it just keeps getting worse . I get random headaches all the time , their just seems to be no other way than to get help and get out and I don't have to have an asshole military doctor tell me to suck it up . I want out and I want to know the best and most effective way to ensure I get a discharge , I still qualify for an els since I have only been in about a 100 days . How do I approach my situation before my sucidial thoughts continue to get worse
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

you need to see a doctor to get medication treatment and psychotherapy treatment for your anxiety and depression symptoms

if you get discharged from the military, do you have health insurance?

you can also go to the VA to see a doctor or psychiatrist to be treated for your depression and anxiety

the VA is under pressure at this point to treat more patients with mental issues and to prevent suicides in the military.

so they should get you to see a doctor or psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have had friends been turned away from a discharge though , why is that if you had to take a shot in the dark at it
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

why is what? friends turned away from a discharge.

the military wants to keep as many soldiers as possible.

tell your doctor you are having suicide thoughs

they will have to give you treatment for depression

there are SSRI agents like sertraline, paroxetine, fluoxetine which can help with symptoms of depression and anxiety

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are those formed of medication approved by the military ? I know some like Xanax etc aren't which is what my mom is prescribed and she said she had others but none of them worked like the Xanax and therapist treatments did
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

yes, those SSRI medications should be approed by the military.

they can take 4-6 weeks to start working

but they can treat both your anxiety and depression symptoms.

ask your doctor for them specifically.

tell them you are severely depressed and have suicidal thoughts.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using