How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Abid Your Own Question
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 40 year old woman (overweight in a sedentary job). I

Customer Question

Hello,I am a 40 year old woman (overweight in a sedentary job). I have been experiencing right side abdominal pain for over three years...intermittently. I have had ultrasounds and chest x-rays as recently as January to rule out gall stones, etc. I have been told I have a fatty liver and to adjust my diet. I did and it didn't change the pain. Now for the last three weeks, the pain is near constant (right side under rib cage) and is getting stronger. If I bend over, I feel pinching below my breast bone. Tylenol helps. My bowel movements are pretty normal. Any thoughts on what this could be?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 11 months ago.

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 11 months ago.

This pain seems to be originating from Thoracic spine , and highly likely the nerve pain .

It would be ideal for you to have MRI Thoracic spine , this will diagnose your issue accurately and help for proper treatment please .

Good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 11 months ago.

Are you there ...