Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

This probably isn't anything serious, but I want to go on

Good morning. This probably isn't...
Good morning. This probably isn't anything serious, but I want to go on the fight course of action to feel better. Every time I stand up straight, with good posture, I get pain in my neck, chest, shoulders, upper back, and biceps. It feels as if they are really tight. This also occurs in my right knee. Is this a spine issue or possibly something else. I haven't suffered any back injuries, but I do have a bulged disc in my neck and lower back to my knowledge. What should I do to fix this?
10/12/2016
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have stiffness,tenderness on affected area?

What is your occupation?

Prolonged hours of sitting/standing?

Do you have numbness,tingling sensation in arms?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Any investigations so far?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am 28 male, it feels stiff but not tender. I work as a retail manager so a lot of being on my feet for prolonged hours. It's been going on for a few months now, but recently feels worse. I've had MRIs for my lower back and neck as far as investigations are concerned, but nothing else so far.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,your bulging disc can be a contributing factor in your pain,stiffness.

Other possible causes may include Myofascial trigger points,Cervical spondylosis.

At your age,physical therapy,neck stretching and strengthening exercises,gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and warm compresses,Motrin are main line of treatment options.

If your symptoms get worse gradually over the time then a clinical examination by either Neurologist or Orthopedist should be considered.

Corticosteroid injections can be given.

Also strong pain killers can be prescribed.

NCV with EMG can be done.

Surgical intervention is last resort in chronic cases however not the first choice in your case.

Keep a proper posture.

Take short breaks of rest while doing work.

And wear knee brave if you feel pain while walking and standing.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor