Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I'm type two diabetic been taking 20 units of lantus every

Customer Question
24 hours eating badly due...
I'm type two diabetic been taking 20 units of lantus every 24 hours eating badly due to stress and now I'm at 500
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I ate something 2 hours ago lantus
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: except for ptsd no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
10/12/2016
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

If you have blood glucose level of 500 , this is too high and this need immediate attention to lower its level .

This need Regular injecatble Insulin 10 U IV and 10 U IM .

Followed by arterial blood gases to rule out Acidosis please .

This should be managed immediately .

Regards .

Let me know if you have further quires .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Are you there ...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you mean I cannot use lantus?

Insulin Lentus is long acting means this is not used as emergency Insulin to low blood sugar levels , and second this cant be used Intravenously , so this is not recommended in this situation .

Regards .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not able to drive to doctor right now can i take metformin
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just want to get it down so I can drive

If you canot go than at least get dose of Lentus , to some extent this will help you , meanwhile Metformin will not help you out right now .

Avoid more eating , get more fluid in the form of plain water , and if you feel vomiting , nausea , please rush to ER .

Good luck .

Please click on good rating .

Thanks .

Do you have more quires ...

Regards.

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor