Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My daughter has been having a on and off fever for the last

Customer Question
2 weeks. Sometimes very...
My daughter has been having a on and off fever for the last 2 weeks. Sometimes very high, but most of the time low grade. Has had a rash on her face for about 3 months. She thought it was Rosacea, but it not. Her blood work shows anemia ( low MCV and MCH and high RDW) as well as a ALT number that has increased from 42 to 75 in two days. Her ALT is high, AST high, CReative Protein high. They have ruled out hepatitis and she is thinking maybe lupus. Any thoughts?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: the fever just a couple of weeks. No other skin concerns that I know of
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She had kawasaki's at age 5
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
10/11/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old is she? she could have a viral infection.

there are blood test to check for lupus including ANA, ESR, C reactive protein,

antibodies to double-stranded DNA (anti-dsDNA) tests,
antibodies to histone tests,
antibodies to phospholipids,
antibodies to Ro/SS-A and La/SS-B,
antibodies to Sm target Sm proteins in the cell nucleus,
antibodies to RNP target ribonucleoproteins

Family Physician, Doctor