Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

For over six months, my whole body, from head to toe has

Customer Question
been making, parasites. they are...
for over six months, my whole body, from head to toe has been making, parasites. they are round black specks tiny, but some ae big, some look like glitter. I have used 5 pest exterminators. One said she saw the black spots, but could not identify, what they were. I told her that they bite me, all over my body. next exterminator said they were dust mites, and sprayed Pyrethrene bombs, in our home, and chared $321.00. One exterminator said they were dust mites, and they don't treat, for dust mites mites. the best exterminator,didn't even charge, His $175.00, for coming to our home, and doing a bird mite inspection. He said I don't have bird mites, and told me to look in a different direction. So I drove myself to a mental hospital. still being bit, but not as much, and he put me on a new medication, that I have never taken before. It has been 10 days, on this new medication. The psychiatrist said this is a rare condition, and didn't know what causes this rare condition. Where do I go next???
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am taking Effexor XR 75mg, 3 times a day, Tranzene, 15mh, two times a dat(both are generic forms of the medications), and a new one, for psychosis, risperidone, .5mg, twice a day. I have never taken an anti- psychotic drug, in all my 64 years. Am I doing the right thing, and what makes my brain, tell my body, to eat me???? SCARED!!!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i just lost My Mother, two Saturdays ago, i lost My Husband, unexpectedly, in 2004, i had to move from Va. to NJ, live with My Dad, did not want to move to NJ nor live with a Parent. had kidnedey cancer, when my blood was red, in 2012. Had an operation, in June, 2012, that doctor took my whole, right kidney out, and the cancer was only.2cm big. that doctor, for 2 years, kept telling me i was fine, but every six months after one of his cystoscopies, it would take me a month, to feel a little stronger. last time,i went to this doctor, and had a cystoscopy, he told me my cancer was back. He told me, in the beginning, that once he took my kidney out, i would never have cancer, again. Well i never went back to him, and went to Fox Chase Cancer Center. was told by a urologist, that my cancer started, in my right ureter, which was completely full of cancer. My right kidney should never have been removed, beacause my cancer started in my right ureter. Now i have bladder cancer, go every 3 months for a cystoscopy, and He is a very good doctor. But why is my body making parasites???
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
10/9/2016
Doctor: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Do you have any specimen samples?

can you upload a picture of them?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, Dr. Rick Thank You, ***** ***** to my concerns. Yes I do have specimen samples. I have gone through, so many lint rollers. The hospital, where, I admitted myself, did not look at my samples, but I kept 8 samples, on a piece of paper. They looked at them, then threw them away. I have more samples, since I came home, this past Friday, but I do not have a cell phone, never owned one. My Dad, who does have a camera, on his cell phone, is not home, at the moment. I know how to take pictures with his phone, but how do I send them, to You?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would love to call, but I cannot afford $50.00, at this time Sorry

You can upload them using the paperclip on your phone.

You are on the right medication. Unfortunately, it takes time to start working. You are doing the right thing by taking them. Keep it up.

However, I believe I understand what is going on concerning these parasites. Please allow me to explain:

As much as you might not like to hear this it sounds to me like you are not actually suffering from parasitic infections -- and this is why your doctors can't find them and none of your treatments are working -- but rather you suffer from a common psychiatric condition where you BELIEVE you have parasites.

Here is a very good article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/11/e131.full

This condition is very difficult to treat, as you might imagine.

I suggest you consult with a medical team well versed in helping patients such as yourself.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD