Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My daughter is suffering from what appears to be a severe

Customer Question
case of Scabies. Her cousin...
My daughter is suffering from what appears to be a severe case of Scabies. Her cousin brought it back from New Zealand and shared it. Oral Ivermectin is not available in Canada but this is what she feels she needs. Other methods have not gotten rid of it. She is really suffering.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She has been to a couple doctors. Has used 5% permethrin a few times, but has not gotten rid of it. It helps but has not gotten rid of it. Managed to get 3 doses of oral ivermectin, which really helped but seems to need a longer course of this medication. Doctor is not amenable to prescribing it as not available in Canada.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I do not think she takes daily medicines. I will have to ask her what she is allergic to. Penicillin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, just that she seems to react quite strongly to such things as infestations, bites, etc. Has very high anxiety about this condition because she can't get rid of it. Has been off work for 4 weeks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/9/2016
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How can I help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was unable to hear what the man was saying. She needs to know if she can see an American doctor and if he/she would be willing to prescribe oral ivermectin, and could she then go to an American pharmacy to pick up the prescription.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please answer me online as I am already spending more than I can afford here.

is she in america?

can she go to urgent care?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is in Canada. This medicine is not available in Canada. How would she see an American doctor and would she be able to get a prescription for oral ivermectin and would she be able to get it filled at an American pharmacy?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is quite desperate and is full of anxiety, as you can well imagine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Keeps getting more bites and crawly sensations on her skin.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But you don't even have my email address. How can you email me?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It said I would get an answer within 30 minutes
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 1 year ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

http://parasitesotc.com/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do we know that this medication is safe to use and manufactured by a reliable drug company?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How safe is this online ivermectin?

http://ownrxstock.com/products/antibiotics/stromectol/

https://www.drugs.com/imprints/msd-139-1957.html

khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor