How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Stan Your Own Question
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2127
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68,have an essential tremor of the hands, and I am

This answer was rated:

I am 68,have an essential tremor of the hands, and I am trying to start a crochet-craft store. Where can I find a comprehensive book or pamphlet on nutritional aids for treatment of such, all I get is a run-around for money.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear you have a tremor in your hands. Unfortunately, the only help with this problem is a prescription medication called Propranolol. When prescribed in small doses, 10 mg every 6 hours as needed, it does help with the shaking. Discuss this with your doctor. The only side effect is that your blood pressure may be slightly lowered.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Were you able to speak with your doctor to get a prescription for Propranolol?

Dr Stan and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you