Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My Wife has vascular dementia and lives in a care home. She

Customer Question
has a cyst on her...
My Wife has vascular dementia and lives in a care home. She has a cyst on her neck under her chin that has been there for a long time however it has now become inflamed. Is there any cream that can be applied to help?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: My wife is not able to communicate
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
10/6/2016
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is her age?

Is there any pain in this cyst?

Can you attach a picture of this? Its okay if not possible.

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for the staying online.

The symptoms you have described about your wife of having a cyst on her neck under her chin that has now become inflammed is most likely due to enlarged lymph node.Lymph node infection is called Lymphadenitis.It is a common complication of certain bacterial infections such as streptococcus or staphylococcus.

She may need following tests:

-Complete blood count(CBC)

-Fine needle aspiration cytology(FNAC)

-Antinuclear antibody(ANA) tests

Give her tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg twice a day.It will reduce the inflammation and swelling.Apply cream containing hydrocortisone.Both of these are available as over the counter(OTC) without prescription & will help her greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then she need to make an appointment with her doctor as tests described above and the prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please cancel my request, I have spoken to a pharmacist,
Thank you I will expect my refund.

Dear customer

I have forwarded your request for refund to the moderators.

Thank you for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor