How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Anil Your Own Question
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9400
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having irregular periods

Customer Question

I'm having irregular periods
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

When was your last menstrual period?

Are you sexually active?

Are you using any contraception?

History of unprotected sex?

Weight gain/loss?

How many days do you bleed?


Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
two months ago, and no I am not sexually active
no, I am a virgin
5-7 days
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 11 months ago.


Irregular menstrual periods are usually the result of hormonal Imbalance.

Stress is a common cause of irregular periods. If you are fatigued, worried, or anxious this can cause your hormones to become unbalanced.

A poor diet or extreme weight loss or gain can also affect your hormones. Women with anorexia or bulimia often have no period or irregular periods.

Intense exercise can often cause irregular periods.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
PCOS causes cysts to form on the ovaries, interfering with regular ovulation.

Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Inflammatory bowel disease causes inflammation of the lower intestines .

Before any treatment is planned a detailed investigations should be done like blood work like FSH,LH,PRL,Thyroid function Test, T.V.S ultrasound.
You should consult your obs/gyn doctor for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.