Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a cold and lately cant stop coughing until I almost

Customer Question
pass out JA: How long have...
I have a cold and lately cant stop coughing until I almost pass out
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: 4 to 5 days...went to dr to get some antibiotics but wouldn't...sent me for xrays
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2016
Doctor: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago
Michael Salama

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

It sounds like you are having an acute flare up of reactive airway disease.

While the X rays, may be necessary, I would also recommend using an albuterol inhaler 2 puffs every 4-6 hours as needed for the next 3-5 days.

If you do not improve then antibiotics and/or steroids might be needed to alleviate your cough.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating (bonus appreciated) as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Doctor: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago

Is there anything else I can help you with?

If not, please don't forget to leave a rating, thanks!

Michael Salama
Michael Salama
Michael Salama