Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I just had a ct scan of my lungs and it came back with

Customer Question
multiple new pulmonary nodules bilaterally...
i just had a ct scan of my lungs and it came back with multiple new pulmonary nodules bilaterally throughout both lungs, largest nodule anterior left upper lobe measuring 9mm (groundglass nadule) then it says other nodules are primarily subpleural to pleural based in origin measuring up to 6mm. what does this even mean?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes I see a pulmonary doctor tomorrow.... That worries me too. I had the test last Thursday, that next Friday morning the doctors called and got me in, then I hear from the pulmonary specialist on Monday and my appt. is tomorrow.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have rheumatic fever, a history of mrsa and C-diff.
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: I cough up black thick nasty stuff.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
10/4/2016
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear of your respiratory problems. The ground glass nodules could be caused by several problems, Aspergillosis, Interstitial Fibrosis, Pulmonary hemorrhages, adenomas (benign tumors) or the worst being cancer. You don't state your age or smoking history, so let's hope it's not the worst. You are seeing the Pulmonary doctor tomorrow so be prepared for a CT guided biopsy of the tumors.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm 46 and an ex smoker for 5 years.

The good thing is your age, which is relatively young for lung cancer. Also the fact that there are multiple growths present which is also a good sign that it's not cancer. I wish you the best.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor