Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have rods and screws holding my lower back together,

Customer Question
fusing the vertabrae. Norco 10-325...
I have rods and screws holding my lower back together, fusing the vertabrae. Norco 10-325 does good with controlling it, but I cannot get a doctor that can write the prescriptions to me for them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
10/1/2016
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Ashori here to help you. Give me a moment to read your question and I will reply to you shortly.

Because it's a short-acting opioid the doctors are unlikely to write it due to the pressure from the government to prevent addiction from such medications.

They are more likely to give you morphine which is longer acting or methadone. The latter is harder to get off of so morphine is safer and does a great job for pain control.

Hope my answers were helpful.
Is there anything else I can clarify?
If you are done with this case please click on "Rating" to complete it.
Thank you
Dr Ashori

Please click on "Rating" in order to close this case and complete the transaction. Dr Ashori

Hi there. In order for me to be compensated for this question please click on "Rating".

Thank you.

Dr. Ashori

In order for me to compensated please click on "Rating", thank you.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD