Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have a history of (pulmonary) embollism - one which we

Customer Question

I have a history of (pulmonary) embollism - one which we think started in the legs. - was 4 years ago. Now I'm having SHOOTing leg pains, - one leg, one area- which I did not have before. They are only occasional. Should I be worried.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg? It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out.
Customer: Neither redness nor swelling in the leg. Most noticable - very occasional - at night while resting.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not on any blood thinning medications, no statins, etc.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Right now shooting leg pain is not because of clot in leg , this is most likely because of Sciatica ( Pinched nerve ) , it would be ideal for you to have MRI Lowerback please for appropriate management .

So please get MRI and proceed with Physiotherapy .

Good luck .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Are you there ...