Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have the same fluttering in my left wrist (intermittent)

Customer Question

I have the same fluttering in my left wrist (intermittent) for past 2-3 days. I am female, 50 - but overweight and resting pulse is 87-92 over past 2-3 days. My blood pressure has risen like that in the past 1-2 years. I'm in a high stress job. Should I wait or go to ER?
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: Consistent
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Good health in general. Cholesterol is OK. With age, weight increase in my 40's, I've had an increase in blood pressure that has crept into the 90+ zone since 48ish.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you know your present blood pressure reading?

Is there any chest pain?

Any numbness/tingling in left arm?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of fluttering in left wrist (intermittent) for past 2-3 days & resting pulse of 87-92 over past 2-3 days is nothing to worry.This is not a serious or dangerous issue.

A normal pulse rate for a healthy adult, while resting, can range from 60 to 100 beats per minute.Average pulse rate is 72 beats per minute.Tachycardia occurs when the rate is above 100 beats per minute.Your pulse rate of 87-92 over past 2-3 days is within normal limits.

Your diastolic blood pressure is 90+ which is slightly elevated.)Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Following will help you to lower your blood pressure:

-Restrict your salt intake .

-Drink plenty of water.

-Limit your alcohol & avoid smoking.

-As you are overweight,so please loose weight.

-Eat a healthy diet.

-Eat less fat and sodium.

So bot***** *****ne is that your present symptoms does NOT require an ER visit & you just need to wait & watch your symptoms.Keep monitoring your BP.If still after this,the high BP persists then you will be prescribed with anti hypertensive medications accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Your diastolic blood pressure of 90+ is slightly elevated and is called as pre hypertension.

At this stage,regular blood pressure monitoring is required.This not serious or dangerous & does not require ER visit.

Please see the picture here:

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Have you checked your blood pressure?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh