Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have recently found a hard (painless) lump on the right

Customer Question

I have recently found a hard (painless) lump on the right side of my neck about an inch below my jaw. It is slightly smaller than a golf ball. In addition, I have some minor discomfort swallowing, excessive sweating (more frequent at night) but no fever, frequently wake up with migraine type headache. I also have constant fatigue and swelling in my feet/ankles off and on. I do not currently have a regular doctor, so I'm not sure who to see. This has been ongoing for a couple of weeks. i thought it was a bug until I noticed the lump last weekend.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

I am replying to your answer in 2-3 minutes.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also my dad has a history of non Hodgkins lymphoma
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I can understand your concern.

Well, it could be related with enlarged Lymph node. Abnormal Lymph node enlargement commonly results from infection / immune response/ inflammatory condition.

It may also occur in Immune or autoimmune disorders

Swelling of ankles and feet is due to collection of fluid, it occur in these parts of the body due to gravity. This should not be left ignored and have to urgently checked by doctor.

Some of the common causes for such symptoms are-
Heart, Kidney, Liver disease, Nephrotic syndrome or Arthritis.
Sometimes it may occur without any disease due to prolonged standing.
This can also occur due to electrolyte imbalance, neuropathy or thyroid disorder.

Usually diagnosis is reached with help of detailed medical history , clinical examination and few investigations.
For the time, Keep your legs elevated.
Avoid smoking and alcohol(if you do ).Also wearing compression stockings will be helpful.

Please start with your primary doctor and get it clinically evaluated.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh