Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

For any experience Doctor especially with gastro issues. In

Customer Question
Hello for any experience Doctor...
Hello for any experience Doctor especially with gastro issues. In 2008 after beginning to workout and trying to change my diet I began eating a lot of yogurt, protein bars and shakes. I did drop weight but at the same time develop stomach issues. Diahreah, loose stools, cramping, gas. I've been dealing with this ever since. At that time I went to a few diff doctors and had diff test done all clear. I finally got a good gastro dr who recently retired at the time. He did blood work, fecal occult, celiac, hpylori, ultrasound, X-ray, lactose intolerance all clear. The doc said it seems I have a sensitive stomach and I fall with ibs. He told me watch what I eat and what affects me and take notes which u did. Ice called him but haven't had to see him since maybe 2011 I've been able to manage my stomach by myself, I know spicy, fried, saucy foods will hurt me, also milk even though I am not lactose. Unfortunately my luck has ran out last month I ate these 3 fried porkchops and have been eating bad as of late and not for over a month my stomach has bothered again like when it first started. Some stool are loose other normal, bad cramping, a lot of gas and diff burping sometimes, also sometimes I feel like gas trapped in back. I'm concerned it's my liver or lungs or organs I'm not sure but I'm scared and I'm stressing so much, this has stressed me because whenever I did get a flare up it would last maybe 2 weeks but this time it has lasted longer. I was feeling fine and I'm not sure if it was the Fried foods, should a flare up of anything last that long. I also heard the digestive advantage could give me bad symptoms. I finally went to see another gastro yesterday and told me I've done a lot of work in the past and he doesn't think a lot might've change, he did say he wanted me to try digestive advantage and that it should work. I just want help I feel like I wasn't satisfied with what he told me and maybe he's wrong, I think I have cancer of pancreas or colon do to what I've seen online even though I think it that was the case and I've had this issue so long I would be bad. But I'm not sure and don't know what to think. Please help me. I am a 31 year old male who tries to work out a lot but this has slowed me down and made me depress.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
9/28/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am a cancer doctor.

cancer would be very unlikely at your age

much more likely your poor diet recently of fried foods is causing your worse GI symptoms

as we get older, we have to eat healthier and smarter

we can't continue to eat poorly the foods we ate when we were younger.

I bet if you go back to eating healthier and drinking more water and exercising regularly, you bowels will start to work better.

you can get CT scans of your abdomen and I bet your doctors will not find cancer causing your symptoms

let me know if you have questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you tell me regarding everything I describe what I may have? Do u know why it hasn't completely gone away like it has in the past? Why would it still be lingering ? I need something to help me cope and keep me from stressing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've also requested a high level response seems pretty basic what you answered what other advise can you share? I've been trying to eat good and have not had any fried foods and still nothing.

if you have bad anxiety symptoms, you may need medications to help decrease anxiety symptoms

I think you have IBS irritable bowel syndrome or lactose sensitivity,

there are medications like hydroxyzine which can help decrease anxiety symptoms

regular exercise and drinking more water can help your bowels.

keeping a food diary can help as well

are you exercising regularly?

are you taking a probiotic daily?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't exercise I use to exercise 5 times a week until this uncomfortness began last month. I'm trying to not let that bother me and have stated again recently, I was also taking creating pills and a test booster while working out not sure if that's good. Like I said in my note the gastro I saw yesterday told me he didn't want to run any test right now due to all my pas test being negative. But those test were almost 5 year back is that a good decision by him? He wants me to take disgestive advantage which has probiotics I'm going to try it and see what happens.

creatinine pills can give you more protein but can tax your kidneys, you have to drink much more water for these pills.

yes, I would trust your doctor about if you need more testing.

if you had tests like a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis, I bet it would be normal and not show any problems or cancer.

yes, you should take digestive advantage for probiotics.

it can take 3-6 months for probiotics to work to add good bacteria into your bowels. eating yogurt daily can help add good bacteria into your bowels aswell.

you need to continue to eat healthy and void fried and fatty foods.

and exercise to help your bowels and drink plenty of water.

Family Physician, Doctor