Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

I am 58 years old and had a Tdap before going to India 4

Customer Question

I am 58 years old and had a Tdap before going to India 4 years ago. I will be caring for a newborn in a couple of weeks. Do I need a new Tdap or is there just a pertussis only vaccine that should be received? Is there a danger to me if I get a second Tdap in order to assure my daughter that I am current on vaccines?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 months ago.
There is no danger in receiving the tdap vaccine and that is what you should be receiving. It is completely safe. Get it as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You are suggesting a get another Tdap even though I had one 4 years ago and everything I read says I just need one as an adult?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just to be clear, your medical recommendation is that I get another Tdap even though I had one 4 years ago?