Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have continually recurring e- infection for which of the

Customer Question

I have continually recurring e-coli infection for which of the anti-biotics I have been prescribed do far only Macrodantim (Nitrofurantoin) controls it but does not eradicate it. I also have an enlarged non-cancerous prostate for which I take Tamsulosin. I live in Israel which has a fair selection of antibiotics but not all ones on the international market. I realise that the bladder problem is probably aggravated by the enlarged prostate and will be consulting with my urologist on options. In the meantime I would appreciate your advice as to the leading, most effective antibiotics for treating my infection. Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

I would recommend ciprofloxacin 500mg twice a day for 7 days but it would be best to get urine culture and sensitivity to get the antibiotic to which bacteria is most sensitive.And you are right the problem is aggravated by enlarged prostate so see your urologist.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.