Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am just curious if there's any difference from a normal

Customer Question
Hello, i am just curious...
Hello, i am just curious if there's any difference from a normal mosquito bite and an infected aedes mosquito bite? I know the symptoms after 3-7 days for aedes mosquito but i am refering tonthe moment we get a mosquito bite, can we sort of differentiate by the look of the bite? Also anyway to notice that the bite is infected or not?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
9/26/2016
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

It would have been very beneficial for us if there was a difference, however unfortunately this is not the case. The only way to tell if the bite had anything to do with the infection is the occurrence of symptoms such as fever, headache, or body aches after a bite. So there is no way to notice visually any difference between the bites of mosquitoes and whether infected or not immediately after the bite.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars by clicking 5 stars above.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi i found this online and would like to know if this is correct to a certain extent:http://mosquitobiteremedies.org/dengue/Please review this particular section that u have screenshot and attached below.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

It is true that you can identify the type of mosquito based on some of their characteristics. However there is no way to tell whether that mosquito is infected or not visually and also there is no different reaction to the bite based on whether infected or not. The only way to know is by the systemic manifestations and laboratory studies.

Take care.

Thank you.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor