Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What over the counter medications,herbals, Vitamins do I

Customer Question
stop taking and how long...
what over the counter medications,herbals, Vitamins do I stop taking and how long before surgery do I stop them? I am having an ilieo conduit. are there any ?Vitamins that would improve my recovery?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Allergic to sulfa, ace inhibitors, flu shots. I take bp meds,cholesterol meds, diabetic meds-levimer,amaryl,metformin-but I have been on Vit C,D,B12,asa,motrin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, I am most concerned when I should stop B12,D,Asa, and motrin--I think the vit C is ok to continue? They told me witch meds to take the day before aND MORNING OF but not when or if to stop the others
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should talk to your doctor

most likely you need to stop your aspirin and motrin 7 days before your surgery.

different surgeons have different ideas about this.

vitamin C is fine to take

when is your surgery? what type of surgery?

Family Physician, Doctor