Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have CHRONIC stomach quivering, for a number of years now.

Customer Question
I'm on Bentyl and Clonazapam...
I have CHRONIC stomach quivering, for a number of years now. I'm on Bentyl and Clonazapam for it. Quivering then spreads to all limbs (actually I'm not really sure if it is simultaneous or sequential and I'm very weak and and have to spend most of the time in bed or my lift chair - I'm 65). also I take protonix. Last year l had both a endoscopy and colonoscopy. Biopsies were taken at that time. Previously I have been diagnosed with CFS fibromyalgia and IBS. I have been on a GF diet for 3-4 months now. That has helped a lot with the IBS - but not the quivering and weakness. Food does not help (tends to worsen it).
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having chronic stomach quivering.

are these quivering and fasciculations of small nerves and muscles close to your skin in your abdomen area?

or is this a quivering deeper in your abdomen?

if you have excessive anxiety symptoms, this can cause benign fasciculations of your small nerves and muscles on your skin.

do you take clonazepam for excessive anxiety symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That card is valid and I checked and RECHECKED ALL THE NUMBERS.
If you are having a problem then maybe something is saying that this is not a good idea. I'm 65 and on Medicare as I have been handicapped with this problem for a number of years and actually NEVER GIVE MY CARD OUT TO STRANGERS!!! I'm with the Chase Banking system and if this is a scam then they have LOTS OF litigators to handle this. Please respond about my card!!!

the offer above is for additional phone consultation for an extra $50 fee

you don't have to accept it.

Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

The system says that you have requested a new expert.

Actually, CFS, fibromyalgia, and IBS are thought to be similar conditions that are related to excessive sensitivity of the nervous system. There is a large amount of overlap in symptoms, so it is not surprising that someone has been diagnosed with each condition at various times, depending upon which symptom is causing the greatest difficulty.

With the quivering of the stomach and limbs that is persistent despite Bentyl and clonazepam, the usual next medicine that I would try would be an antidepressant. Even when there is no depression, antidepressants may help to ease symptoms related to IBS, fibromyalgia, and CFS, as well as many chronic pain syndromes. There are a number of different antidepressants that can be tried. The most studied is amitriptyline, but we generally try to avoid amitriptyline in someone over age 65. Either an SSRI, such as sertraline or citalopram, or an SNRI, such as venlafaxine or duloxetine, would be preferred.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor