Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My 7 month old scraped his face on concrete driveway what

Customer Question
can I put on his...
my 7 month old scraped his face on concrete driveway what can I put on his cheek ad forehead also is there a hoe remedy for baby thrush on his tongue
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: about fifteen minutes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2016
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry to hear that your baby is in pain from trauma. The best thing to do is to wash the baby's face with non tearing baby shampoo and then apply a thin layer of Bacitracin ointment twice daily until the scrap heals (usually about 5-7 days). Regarding Thrush on his tongue. Thrush is caused by a fungus (black hairy tongue) and needs a prescription medication to heal. Please take your son to his Pediatrician or to an Urgent Care Center for evaluation and treatment.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

How is your baby today?

How is your baby's face?

I trust your baby is healing!

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor