Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am having chest pain and a racing heart rate. I was

Customer Question
Hello I am having chest...
Hello I am having chest pain and a racing heart rate. I was admitted to the Hospital a week ago and they did a stress test, EKG, MRI all cleared any heart disease. Labs were all clear too.
I was sent home with new meds told to take it easy and follow up with primary care doc. I am still experiencing the same symptoms fatigue, nausea, racing heart, headache,high blood pressure and now some pain in kidney area lower back...15 min of excersise was all I could tolerate. Really discouraged and feeling awful. I feel something is wrong but need some advice since all tests were cleared? Any suggestions.....
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
9/21/2016
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. Any history of shortness of breath? Chest pain is localized or radiates? History of heart burns? Any known medical illness? You have any anxiety issues or stress going on? Have you checked thyroid functions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
recently shortness of breathe and heartburn..and yes chest pain not constant but pressure fullness worse with activity. All prompted ER visit then admitted to hospital. Thyroid was normal. I think not feeling great is stressful but not any stress out of the normal.

Thanks for the details. I would like to say that there is a possibilty which should be investigated such as acid-peptic disease with its induced complications such as peptic ulcer, H.pylori infection. I will also suggest to investigate further for heart disease with the help of 24 hr holter monitor and heart echo as still sometimes heart disease does not appear in initial tests. I will highly advise if you are still having pain right now to visit ER again for urgent evaluation and further tests. Your doctor may prescribe you Tab. Lansoprazole 30mg OD which mght be helpful for your acid-peptic disease. I will also suggest to cut down alcohol, cut down spicy or junk food.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes

Amir

Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor