Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have sores on inside of my nostrils and blood blisters or

Customer Question
burn nlike JA: How long have...
i have sores on inside of my nostrils and blood blisters or burn nlike
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: no also on my right hand fingers there are blood bisters that resemble burns on each close to tip they hurt to toch and feel like burns 4 days ago they all appeared er doc said ras wit herpes in nose he prescribed prendisone andacyclovir nose is better but hands worse doesnt sound right to me and need suggestions
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: diabetes and rheumtoid arthritus im 3 yrsc clean and sober and currently weaning off suboxone
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
9/20/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

there are blood tests for herpes IgG and IgM antibodies which can tell for sure if you were having an herpes outbreak or not

the acyclovir helped and so most likely a viral infection.

you should get a nose culture to also check for MRSA infection in your nose as well

it doesnt sound like you have had blood tests for IgG and IgM for herpes yet.

Family Physician, Doctor