Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am female, 62 and have what I believe to be peripheral

Customer Question
Hi there....I am female, 62...
Hi there....I am female, 62 and have what I believe to be peripheral neuopathy. My legs and feet are unbearable and there is absolutely no relief for them. Constant tingling king, a weird pulsing sensation from the knees down, feels like lead legs that no longer belong to me, throbbing, very uncomfortable etc. doesn't matter whether I sit, stand, put feet u or lay down they remain the same. Is there no relief???!!!! I have just been to the doctor and begged him for something to at least relieve this terrible infliction. I came away with these two prescriptions. Both of which I have googled and wow oh wow.....the side effects!!!!!!!! And treating me for restless legs and depression is just not on!!!!!!!!The medications are pramipexole Chloe tablets 125 mcg, take one tablet after tea.
The other is Amitriptyline tablets 25mg, take one tablet at night.Both cause draw sines. Both cause dry mouth, and the thousands of other side effects are just not worth me even trying them!!!!! What do you think? Should any other medication be more helpful in my situation?I have to have a blood test to check on diabetes, but have an 8 hrs fast and I don't know if I can actually do that. I just need food in me of a morning.Feeling very down over this because I really had high hopes of getting help and now I am just angry that he didn't even ask me or advise me of any of these side effects. If I hadn't of googled the information I probably would have just taken them and wonder what the he'll was wrong with me on to of the original complaint.Please help.
Thanking you,
Julie
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P.s. I am not taking any other medications. The proxies olé is HC! Tablets 125 mcg.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P.p.s. Typo again....pramipexole HCL 125 mcg.....yes,,,
9/19/2016
Doctor: khagihara, Doctor replied 1 year ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

Every medication has side effects. But your doctor should have prescribed low dose to minimize the side effects. Some antidepressants and seizure medications are used for peripheral neuropathy. There are no medications only for it.

khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor