How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46328
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have prostate cancer,I do not have any cartilege in my

Customer Question

I have prostate cancer,I do not have any cartilege in my shoulders specialy in my right shoulder,I have terrible pain,I am taking Hydricodone for the pain,I need to take it every 6 hours,I am taking it every 4 hours because I cannot wait so long, this pain killer does not help me to much.
Is it possible to have surgery in my shoulder to do something about this owfull pain?
I beg you to help me, what can I do?
Please answer me back.
Thank you very much
Kurk Toohey.
my phone number is ***** (###) ###-####10541 Reseda Blvd
Porter Ranch,Ca 91326
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 11 months ago.

Sorry to hear about your problem

It seems you have a severe osteoarthritis of the shoulder.

Now if your pain is still persisting despite the use of hydrocodone there are few options to help relieve your symptoms.

A stronger pain killer like Tramadol can be tried.

An intra-articular injection of steroid might be helpful as well in relieving the pain.

Now regarding a joint surgery your doctor need to assess you about the fitness if you can undergo such surgery or arthroplasty .

Till the time you get evaluated I think getting a stronger pain killer and an intra-articular steroid injection will be helpful. Other thing which will help is a physical therapy.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating


Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

I am sorry about your prostate cancer and shoulder pain

you should ask your doctor for a PET/CT scan or bone scan

you could have prostate cancer spread to your shoulder.

you may benefit from palliative radiation therapy to your shoulder to decrease shoulder pain if the cancer has spread to your shoulder.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

if the prostate cancer has spread to your bones, you could benefit from anti-testosterone therapy to help slow down prostate cancer spread.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

what medications are you taking for your prostate cancer

when was your last bone scan or PET scan to see where the prostate cancer may have spread?

have you received palliative radiation therapy before for your prostate cancer?