How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45977
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My arms are cool except where they are painful. Why would

Customer Question

My arms are cool except where they are painful. Why would that area have heat w no injury?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Episodes of afib general weakness
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Old injury to affected areas
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

There is more amount of blood flowing to the area where you are feeling pain relative to unaffected areas that is why it feels warmer. I would recommend you to apply ibuprofen gel over the painful area to get relieved.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

I hope this was helpful.

Do you have followup questions?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've tried that, -0- help.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am another doctor here

many issues can cause your arms to feel cool.

you could have nerve damage causing neuropathy causing pain and parasethias (abnormal nerve sensation)

you should get an MRI scan of your neck spinal cord to check for pinched nerves in your neck.

you should consult with a neurologist nerve doctor. you may need an EMG procedure to check your nerve function

you could be having blood vessel spasms in causing lack of blood flow into the arms making them feel cool.

do you have a doctor you can see who can do some of these tests for you?