Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

When you are bending down and suddenly you stand up and you

Customer Question

when you are bending down and suddenly you stand up and you get light headed what is that caused by?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: actually, it's been happening over the past couple of months, when I am working and then stand up I sometimes get a little light headed and then I start to sweat heavily and people tell me that I don't look good.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Have you checked your blood pressure?

Do you feel vertigo/dizziness/light headed at other times like while working or walking or it only occurs when you change posture from sitting to standing?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a 62 year old male
and yes vertigo always follows sometimes really bad.
My blood pressure is bouncing around from 147 over 80, I think the highest it's been was 167, the lowest has been 90
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

I am sorry.Phone call is not available at this moment. Please stay online,I am posting the detailed answer within a minute.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you are having of lightheaded when bending down and suddenly you stand up since past couple of months is most likely due to a condition called 'orthostatic postural hypotension(low blood pressure).Orthostatic hypotension can make you feel dizzy or lightheaded.When the body changes position normally heart has to work to push blood upward and supply the brain with oxygen. If the body fails to do this adequately, blood pressure drops,and make you feel dizzy or light headed.

Its most common causes are: dehydration,certain heart problems,diabetes,Nervous system disorders.Also as you have fluctuations in blood pressure from 147 to 90,your blood pressure need to be monitored by your doctor.

Treatment depends upon the cause. Caffeine and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory medications for example, ibuprofen may be prescribed accordingly.Your doctor may prescribe a medication to treat the orthostatic hypotension, such as fludrocortisone or midodrine. These drugs work by increasing blood volume or by constricting (narrowing) blood vessels.

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for tests to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Please see here how the blood pressure drops & causes light headed/dizziness when you were bend & suddenly stand up:

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh