Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I been having issues with spitting up mucus on left side for

Customer Question

I been having issues with spitting up mucus on left side for almost 6 months. No doctor's are willing to check it out so I bought a 20 dollar endoscopy camera and examined the area that the doctor's are unwilling to investigate and I see something odd that is not like on the right side. I think I found the source of the issues. Can anyone with experience with throat tonsil area be willing to look at the small video that I took of it to tell me what it is and what I should do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

You can send the video on here for me to have a look.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2zgloxzxv93t6jl/tonsil_area.mp4?dl=0

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach photos rather than the video?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, i uploaded it to dropbox as it is stadard and should be able to be viewed.

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Was the mucus in the left nostril in the video?

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you take it out from the nostril? Any pain or itch in the left nostril?

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Does anything make it better or worse? Any other symptoms? Any allergies? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Anyone care to check out the video.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry you are having this problem with your sinus. I attempted to look at your video but was unable to find it using the website above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where can i send you the video at since you cant access a video in dropbox, which is common?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Go to your JustAnswer screen and click "upload" then attach the file. That should work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is a picture of the area in question.

This is in the valley between the tonsil and the flap on my left side.

It is hidden if I open my mouth and say AGGGGHHHH when a doctor

examines this.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

I am looking at the "picture" you sent. The picture is blurred, but I think I see what appears to be a nasal polyp, which can cause the symptoms you mention. You have several choices:

1. See an ENT specialist who will put a scope in your nose and if it is a polyp, can remove it.

2. You can visit an Urgent Care Center who will evaluate and provide ENT care.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is on the tonsil, not the sinus

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

It that case, what you most likely have are crypts (openings in the tonsils from previous infections/inflammation) that capture food particles and bacteria (normal to the mouth and throat) and can form white hard structures almost like little rocks. You can try to dislodge them by gargling with warm salt water after every meal. If that doesn't work then try diluted peroxide gargle (50% peroxide with 50% water. If these fail, then a visit to you PCP or Dentist is warranted. I hope this is resolved soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no no no no no, this is not that, did you read my messages?

this is what I wrote to you when I sent the picture. It is not on tonsil,

read below what I already sent you so before moving forward, please understand where this is at.

examines this.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/media/medical/hw/hwkb17_073_002.jpg

Please look at this picture. The structure of the mouth leaves what you are looking at is a Palatine Tonsil. Palatine tonsil is a left over structure from a normal tonsil. I hope this provides you with the answer you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, i need to know 100% what this is, not a it could be this and it could be that as I already know by the internet what are the possibilities, and I gave a video and picture to show you how it looks but seems that you keep on resorting back to an educated guess.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

I can only make an educated guess. For you to get a 100% answer as to what the structure is, you need to be examined by your PCP or an ENT doctor. There is no way that I or anyone else can make a 100% evaluation without a physical examination. There are only so many anatomical structures in your area of concern and I have given you my opinion based on the anatomy and your description.