Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Cerebral angiogram with mynx closure device in the right

Customer Question

Cerebral angiogram with mynx closure device in the right inguinal area of the femoral artery, swelling (normal), now bruised, hematoma, slightly warm to the touch.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Since this past Tues., the swelling seemed normal and has not enlarged at all, only bruising and hematoma, slightly warm to the touch.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, healthy 60yo male, competitive cyclist of 30yrs, great vascular system, I am a registered vascular technologist.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome.

A mild swelling and bruising is acceptable but since its been 4 days now there should be no hematoma. These can be signs of infection as you said warm to touch as well. I would recommend you to followup with your doctor for thorough examination to avoid any complication as infection of the vessel and skin can occur at this stage.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen. Wish you good health.