Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I'm wondering if hantavirus can be washed out of clothing.

Customer Question
I'm wondering if hantavirus can...
I'm wondering if hantavirus can be washed out of clothing
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. Lots: thyroid, 2 diuretics, fibromyalgia med, K+, rifaxamin, antacid, antihistamine, supposed to be on Cipro but ran out a week ago -- it's coming on the maol
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My docs know my whole ugly history
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
9/8/2016
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Simple washing will not remove Virus , Disinfection Germicidal agent is necessary for protection please .

Regards .

Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”

Any activity that puts you in contact with rodent droppings, urine, saliva, or nesting materials can place you at risk for infection. Hantavirus is spread when virus-containing particles from rodent urine, droppings, or saliva are stirred into the air. It is important to avoid actions that raise dust, such as sweeping or vacuuming. Infection occurs when you breathe in virus particles.

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated.

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor