Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

At first i thought I had a pimple on my vagina,, but then it

Customer Question

Hello. At first i thought I had a pimple on my vagina,, but then it burst and i put polysporin on it, now it has gotten bigger and seems to have multiplied
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Lots of stress, i go to hot yoga 4 times a week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: None
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

The pimple you describe can be due to folliculitis.

You may have a bacterial infection of the follicles.(folliculitis).
Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from shaving.
Bacteria often enter through a small opening of a hair follicle.
Folliculitis is usually caused by staphylococcus aureus. Heat and sweat can aggravate folliculitis.
Folliculitis is treated with topical antibiotics .
Warm, moist compresses may promote drainage of the affected follicles. Treatment may include antibiotics applied to the skin (mupirocin)

Other possibility include Bartholin Cyst.

The Bartholin's glands are located on each side of the vaginal opening. These glands secrete fluid that helps lubricate the vagina.

Sometimes the openings of these glands become obstructed, causing fluid to back up into the gland. The result is relatively painless swelling called a Bartholin's cyst. If the fluid within the cyst becomes infected, you may develop a collection of pus surrounded by inflamed tissue (abscess).

Treatment may include

Antibiotics

Sitz baths with KMNo4 or betadine

Since you describe that it is multiplying suggest that it is contagious and you may require prescription antibiotics to cure the infection.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 year ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.