How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am now 76 years old. All my life I have periodically

Customer Question

I am now 76 years old. All my life I have periodically noticed my head and face literally increase in size -- get more "full". Apparently only I notice it -- not even my family. But it has literally ruined my life. The past 3 years it has been less frequent; but I hate the way I look. I hide from everyone possible, I'm so uncomfortable. It does usually go away by the following day; but is especially annoying when it lasts longer. No-one, including doctors, has ever had any help to offer me. Do you?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

So your overall health is good? No liver, heart or thyroid issues?